Wednesday 29 October 2014

It's Time To Speak Of Unspoken Things

Secret Ceremony

Leonora: Hush little baby, cry no more. Father's gone fishing, mother's a whore. Back in the morning, to guard your life, with two short prayers, and a carving knife.


Leonora: I had a daughter once, a very unusual child.
Albert: What happened to her?
Leonora: She vanished.
(snaps her fingers)


LeonoraThere were two mice fell in a bucket of milk, one yelled for help and drowned, the other kept pedalling around and around until, in the morning, he found himself on top of butter.


Cenci: My virginity is the only thing I possess.


Leonora: Dear God, by whose mercy...
Cenci: Dear God, by whose mercy...
Leonora: ... I am shielded for a few hours...
Cenci ... I am shielded for a few hours...
Leonora ... let no-one snatch me from this heaven.
Cenci ... let no-one snatch me from this heaven.


Albert : Is your goddamn mother at home? I'm not going to eat you, you silly bitch.


CenciWe can't have you walking about looking like a whore.




 Albert : If you don't let her go, she'll get smaller and smaller.
 

Cenci (song) Oh that I were where I would be, / There would I be where I am not; / But where I am there I must be, / And where I would be I can not.

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment